DMPipe-Event – The event generation module
The event generation module is intended for theoretical and practical training of specialists engaged in the gas and oil industry, and teaching trainees how to respond to and act in emergency situations.
The design view tool, used to set up and change parameters for the event generator (including emergency events and adverse situations), enables failure and breakdown sequences (emergency events progress) to be modeled. The generation system allows to imitate:
- loss of pressure in various pressurized equipment components and in pipelines;
- leaks and spills; leaks and spills prediction;
- equipment failure in automatic and telemechanic systems;
- parameter changes and failures in power supply systems;
- sudden and gradual failures of sensors and interference in information channels;
- equipment breakdowns and failures;
- non-standard situations which cause technological safety equipment to be activated.