Interactive complex simulation model (ICSM) – oil production
The interactive complex simulation model (ICSM) is intended to:
- provide theoretical and practical training for specialists in oil and gas production technology;
- help them acquire practical skills to operate the switching equipment located in the technological process areas;
- provide clear visibility of non-standard fast hydrodynamic processes;
- provide training in the technology of automated oil and gas production facilities.
The ICSM model consists of the scaled models of the technological equipment for oil and gas production, oil and gas treatment and transport, i.e. the models of:
- producing wells;
- automatic group metering devices;
- fluid transport pipeline;
- oil treatment facilities;
- injection wells of the reservoir pressure maintenance system;
- gas discharge / bleeding system;
- control room of the oil metering station (measuring the amount and quality of oil produced);
- tanks in a tank farm.
The ICSM, accurately and exactly representing the technological site, should have necessary and obligatory elements, i.e. dynamically changing illumination of the technological process components as well as moving fluids and devices launched into the pipeline which imitate the process flow dynamics.
The process flow mathematical model is used to control the operation of the entire dynamic part of the ICSM model. The hydrodynamic model makes real-time calculations for the pressure, flow rate and temperature values throughout the whole length of the pipeline system.
In its turn, the technological process is controlled from the touch-screen control panel. Such a design of the ICSM complete with the control panel guarantees that trainees are sure to take interest in the on-going process and it also allows them to join in controlling the process and to change parameters in the process operating conditions. In general terms, the control panel screen is the operator’s simplified workstation that works according to this principle – “press the button and get the result”. The panel allows to view and send to a large screen (via a projection unit) the 3D process model, PowerPoint presentations and the process flow control panel itself (with the options to switch on and off the process flow equipment and to change parameters in the operating conditions).