Simulator for training gas compressor station engineers
The simulator for training gas compressor station engineers (shift personnel) is intended for training shift engineers who operate gas facility equipment in normal and emergency conditions. To do this they use the hardware equipment and software support packages which allow to simulate the compressor plant equipment operation, the automatic control systems operation, the operation of the power and heat supply for the compressor plant.
The simulator consists of 1 workstation for the instructor and up to 50 workstations for the trainees. The workstations are connected into the local area network.
The objectives which the simulator allows to achieve are to:
- improve the quality of training gas compressor operating personnel;
- enhance the reliability and service life of the technological equipment and reduce repair expenses;
- reduce errors occurring through the fault of personnel;
- increase the training system effectiveness;
- improve personnel’s qualification by way of organizing the personnel training process as a sequence of the instruction materials and the knowledge acquisition test programs;
- provide trainees with all the facilities to efficiently study on their own and to test their own knowledge;
- use the automated testing system to evaluate the trainee’s knowledge.
The complex imitates the main non-standard, emergency and adverse situations. It provides the option to design various scenarios of emergency and adverse situations progress which can be grouped together by time and by various equipment parameters.
This complex system can operate in a variety of ways:
- Collective work – all trainees join and work together;
- Group work – trainees are split into groups (the instructor determines the number of groups and the list of trainees in a group). All the groups work on assignments on their own, independently of other groups;
- Independent work – each trainee works on his or her own, independently of one another.